Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bracelets and their unusual inspiration sources.

Guess what? Next month we turn 2! I was going to say that time flies, but I actually thought we were close to turning 3, so I guess I just have a bad grasp on time in general.

Guess what else? I've finally got my whole re-organization project done! So, that's one less thing standing in the way of the creative process... not that there aren't a zillion other things that keep me from my dream of making pretty things all day long every day.

Nevertheless, there are some fresh creative juices flowing, and some new bracelets in the shop.

We've got some fantastic plastic here. There weren't a lot of takers on the big plastic destash, so I had to show y'all how awesome plastic can be. The focal is a vintage brooch that I cut the back off.  

Shakti bracelet
I originally had in mind that I would keep with the whole vintage feel and for some off white or clear beads and bronze chain.

I was watching Charmed while I worked, and it was the episode where Piper turned into the Hindu goddess, Shakti.

Can you imagine all the accessorizing options you'd have with 6 arms?


That got me thinking about Indian art and the pretty colors of saris and stuff, so I pulled out the purple beads and some orange ink to tint the strands of smaller beads. Yay color!


 Once the orange and purple paired up, all the colors in the iridescent crystals on the brooch started to really pop. There's all kinds of greens and pinks and blues in there.


 Oh! And I even roughed up the oxidation on the hook and then inked it up, so theres some hints of orange-ness in there, too. You can click on any of the pictures to go to the listing....I think. Linking pictures is sometimes tricky.

Next!

Golden Shatter Cuff
 Have you guys seen all the cool "shatter" nail polishes out there right now? I bought some for like 11 bucks back when OPI was the only brand that made it, but now you can find it in a bunch of different colors by a bunch of different cheaper manufacturers.
That was my inspiration for the surface effect on the cuff.



It's got 2 chains, one with the hook for closure and a second, longer safety chain. I thought it was too long at first, but then I tried it on and I liked how it was just long enough to play with in the palm of my hand. I  can always shorten it if a customer wants it shorter.

And thirdly...

This one's not new, but it is freshly listed.



She Ra Cuff
Yep, I named it after She Ra, Princess of Power.

I know, I'm a total nerd. But- Kim was over the other night and she tried it on and instantly went into this pose:
And I'm compelled to do the same when I try it on, so I figured naming it after her was appropriate.

I've got a bunch more stuff ready to get listed in the next few days, so check back soon!



1 comment: