Saturday, August 4, 2012

Announcing: Weekly Creative Prompts!

Hey! I have an idea!

I've been wanting to host a blog hop/challenge for a long while, but it never seems to be the right time. It's always interfering with something else. So, I thought something more casual might be better....how about weekly creative prompts? I'll just come up with some little exercise to kick start creativity each week, announce it here, and leave it open for anyone who wants to participate.

So, here's one for the upcoming week...
Open 8/4/12 through 8/11/12
"An Unlikely Duo"
Choose 2 beads or components from your collection at random. The method is up to you- close your eyes and point, do eenie-meenie-miney-mo, come up with a complex algorithm...whatever you like. Combine the 2 components into one piece of jewelry. If they compliment each other, great. If they don't- find a way to make them look good together. Choose other beads that bridge the gap between the colors, styles, or sizes of the 2 chosen beads. Alter one or both of them to make them go together. Stretch your imagination and have fun!

Leave a link in the comments to your "unlikely duo" creations, and be sure to specify which 2 components were your randomly chosen ones. I'll show off your work (as well as my own) next Saturday before announcing next week's prompt!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun. I just got home from Chicago yesterday so I can't play along this time. I'm looking forward to see what others make.

    ReplyDelete