Saturday, May 26, 2012

Beadin' and Boozin'- Cocktail Hour Blog Hop

Hey friends, it’s time for the Cocktail Hour Blog Hop hosted by Copper Diem.

But first, a few notes:

-We will be opening back up on Tuesday after the long weekend. Unfortunately this doesn’t mean I’m well. It just means I can’t have my life on hold forever. There will be a few changes taking place to make life a little easier on me- we wont be taking custom orders and our shipping may be slightly slower and/or come without delivery confirmation. More details on Tuesday.

-I have a new personal blog which you may check on if you’re curious about my health status or just want to read more of my random rambling. It’s called Life Begins Now Damn It!


-This is our 100th post!

OK, Cocktail time!

My assigned cocktail was a Hurricane. Apparently there are two different kinds of hurricane cocktails. I went for the pretty pinky-orange one that’s traditionally served Mardi Gras in New Orleans.  It’s got rum and passion fruit syrup and lemon/lime juice.













I immediately thought of the lemon lime citrus slice carved disc beads from our Spring bead collection and I designed this necklace around them.



This is the first piece in a while where all the beads are handmade by me. I may have to restring it because the little striped beads are supposed to line up diagonally and one is pretty far out of line. Otherwise, I really like it.

I wasn’t done there. I really wanted to do something with passionflowers because, while researching this drink, I realized for the first time that passion flowers and passion fruit come from the same plant. Genius revelation, eh? I can be a little slow :P So, I made the main bracelet here with a piece made out of a vintage tin, intending to decoupage on it. Unfortunately, none of the passionflower images I could find were quite right, so I went with this other floral pattern and some floral charms.



Lastly, I had some doodlebeads made from the necklace leftovers that became a (very) asymmetrical pair of earrings.

Lastly, a group shot:


Now go hoppin'!

Hostess:  Copper Diem 

Stefanies Sammelsurium
My Bead Journey
Adventures with Kelly
Mama's Got To Doodle
Sadafulee
Wait Just One More Bead
Cynth's Blog
Palm Coast Art
Green Shoot Jewellery Designs
Cianci Blue
Dreamin Of Beads / SAS Jewelry Designs
Beads for Busy Gals
Oregon Made Jewelry
My Addictions...Handcrafted Jewelry by Patti
Moods by Mari
Soul of Mine Embodiment
Uniquely Yunikua
Fabric of My Life
Firefly Visions
Indigo Heart
The Peaceful Bead
Casa de Everly
Heaven Lane Creations
Sue Beads
Durga Jewelry
Honey Bijou *You Are Here*
A Bird in the Hand Art
SilverNikNats
Rainy Day Designs
Tell Your Girlfriends

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I love all of them but I want to marry the necklace. can i marry it? please? or is it dating someone already (dammit!). Thanks for hopping and hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your health issues. I love the jewelry you made. Your designs are so alive and full of color and hope. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Your jewelry is great! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am really loving the vibrant colors. Hope you feel better and full of energy just like these designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC WORK!!! i love the colors in the necklace! such fun and vibrancy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa..you got some talent there! The beads in the necklace are scrumpious...espeially love the earrings too. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright colours, all fabulous!
    Get better soon!
    Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love ALL your pieces you created for this challenge! I had no idea there was more than one kind of Hurricane. I've only ever had the New Orleans kind. And let me tell you. . .they are STRONG!

    Anyway, I really LOVE your necklace!! There graduation of colors in the beads is striking. Fabulous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is so great that you were able to make an entire necklace with beads you made yourself! It suits the drink perfectly. Love he bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweetheart! I have been MIA from blogging lately to catch up on things and I didn't realize you were having such a health scare! I am praying for you to get better right quick!

    I love your design. It is fresh and fun and ready for a beach party for sure! The bracelet stack is my favorite. Very cool!

    Please get better soon!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous Hurricane you created and with all your own beads!!!! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So colorful of hurricane *summer set of jewelleries*

    ReplyDelete