Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Bead Table Wednesday- Summery Stripes and matching Doodlebeads

 
It's Bead Table Wednesday. I spent a collective 4 hours or so glazing beads out of this big batch you see above. It takes between 3 and 5 minutes per bead, depending on how well the heat gun's warmed up and how many floating lint particles and little hairs get stuck to the bead in the process. Those minutes really add up.
 
I've decided that I'm going to pair up some small groups of these beads with the doodlebeads that I made with their scraps. I'm not done glazing the whole batch yet, and I haven't decided how many will be in the sets, but I grouped some complimentary beads together just to show how cute they are together. Below each group are the palettes I used and the images I chose the palettes from. I have several different apps on my phone for creating color palettes and I'm kind of obsessed with them.

"Miss Jewlz" color palette. This is a character from a cartoon my nieces used to watch. I always liked the color of her hair.


 "Antique Elephants" color palette. I took this photo at a local antique shop. I think they're salt and pepper shakers.

 
 "Yours Truly" color palette. That's muh face.



"Lobster Ladies" color palette. I can't remember where this picture came from, but it's pretty cool, huh? The girl on the left reminds me of a younger Winona Ryder.

Check out other people's Bead Table Wednesday pics at the flickr group. That's what I'm going to go do right now!









4 comments:

  1. Hi Jenna, I hoppped over from SC Diva's website and so glad that I did. What lovely beads you have..:) I love love the pictures you chose the colors from, would you mind sharing what apps you use on your phone to pull the palettes?
    Thanks!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenna, did you get your cocktail for the hop? It is Hurricane. I'm having some tech problems :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzanne, thanks for wandering over!

    I have 3 color palette apps that I use frequently- each have their pros and cons.

    The topmost palette shown here is from an app called ColorSchemer by colourlovers.com. I like that one because you can manually choose colors from your photo, but the downside is that there's no option to save to your camera roll, so I screencaptured the palette abnd used another app to lay it next to the photo.

    The rest of the ones shown here are from another app called Kuzimo, which is referred to as a tool for Pinterest, but I think it can be used without a Pinterest account. That one automatically selects about 15 different shades from your photo and then you can pick out up to 5 for your palette. I think it's the most user friendly app of the 3, but sometimes it doesn't select the best variety from the photo.

    Lastly, I sometimes use Color Snap from Sherwin Williams. It only lets you chose 3 colors, and then it automatically changes the color to the closest shade they have available in paint. It's major upside is that it shows the names of the paint colors, and sometimes they help inspire a title for the finished piece :P

    Hope that helps!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete