Sunday, April 29, 2012

"I don't even own *a* gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."

Hey look at all this garage sale crap I got!


See the bullet? Yeah! Bonus bullet!

This garage sale had 4 suitcases and several boxes full of jewelry. At first I was carefully combing through it all looking for the most useable stuff, but then there was another lady there who was going through it all faster than me and I got all caveman competitive and started grabbing handfuls of jewelry and grunting and showing the lady my teeth. OK, that last part was a little embellished, but....something came over me and I ended up with about 70% usable stuff and 30% WTF-is-this stuff.

This photo has grunge textures on it. My table isn't that dirty.

What are these things? Fancy schmancy labels for a gun rack or something? I really haven't got the slightest clue. Guns are alien objects to me. But....methinks now they are awesome spacers for bracelets or something.

 Kind of a weird coincidence that there were 2 things with names on them in the box- one has my grandma's name and the other has my dad's name...which is also my grandpa's name. The Donald thing is one of those "Your name on a grain of rice!" dealies that they used to do at theme parks. Do they still do that? I kind of liked the idea of maybe making something for myself with my dad's name on it, but the other side of the grain of rice says "Yonnie" and I don't know no stinkin' Yonnies.

Does anyone know what those copper-rimmed things are in the pic? And....how does one safely dispose of a bullet?

There were actually a lot of treasures in there, but you'll see those when I make stuff out of them. 

Speaking of my grandma (I vaguely mentioned her several sentences ago, remember?), I was going through her stuff today looking for some old tins to make bezels out of (found some awesome ones) and I came across this thing- it's a check register with sewing needles in it and this schlock written on the back. 
 I kind of wanted to joke about it, but the more I think about it the less funny it gets. So, I'm just going to be glad that I live in a time and place where this would get a business shut down.

For the record, my grandma was Queen Bad-Ass Independent Woman. 



Don't forget to stop back by tomorrow for April's Honey Bijou Hive post so we can all go "ooh" and "aah" at some fantastic wearable art!


 



5 comments:

  1. You know what? I have bullets too. Lots of bullets. In fact, I have no idea how I came to own said bullets, but I suspect it has something to do with certain family members that hoard things. I have no idea what to *do* with all those bullets, and I do not own guns to accompany them. And I don't know how to dispose of them either. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe those copper things are shell casings to make more bullets (you add gunpowder and a top part, and voila.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those copper flange things are some sort of hardware store thing. I have some of those. Interesting finds! Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great haul!! I'm always on the lookout for jewelry and other neat bits and yard sales and thrift stores. I haven't had much luck lately though. Thanks for sharing your scores though!! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you made out nice! I can totally see you in your cave man state too lol! wish i went with you there!

    ReplyDelete