Sunday, April 8, 2012

cute things.

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate. And Happy Sunday to all.
I decorated an egg to look like my dog.
The real Amelia is on the right, in case you couldn't tell. I know the likeness is uncanny.
  It's also my youngest niece's 14th birthday. I made her some butterfly planter picks to decorate for her birthday tea party.

They're polymer clay, liquid polymer, mica powders, steel wire and bamboo skewers.


In other news, I've been experimenting with using shrink plastic as a medium for making pendants and other components. Here's a sneak peek:

 I went through old sketchbooks to find inspiration, so naturally these turned out in the style of a younger me. I think they're really cute, but I have no idea how to incorporate them into pieces in my current style. 








No comments:

Post a Comment