Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Bender Visits Auntie Jenna and Amelia!



Tonight was suppose to be a play with puppies and clay night but it ended up being more playing with the puppies. I can't even begin to explain how in love I am with my dog and how happy I was to see him play with Amelia and his Aunty Jenna! He loved visiting and Im sure there will be many more to come.

If anyone has been curious as to what I've been up to its mostly been playing and experimenting with the medium and making little sculptures and creatures that I have so gracefully named as creepy dolls. In college I took several sculpture classes and was almost convinced to change my major to sculpture. In those classes I learned to weld, pour bronze, curved solid pieces of wood with steam and had all night sewing parties with fellow class mates. GOOD times that I miss dearly now that Im in "the real world" slaving away in a cubical for a buck so I can afford to play now indays. *sigh* anyways back to the point.
I posted an example of the first few creepy lil dolls I made. I have more completed looking ones now that I just love and will probably post some pictures of pretty soon. I know they are off the beaten path of our art beads, but its ok to take side trips right? Right now i wish i had a larger work environment which my room mate and I might work on via in the garage.


I guess I mostly wanted to post to SAY HERE I AM! and that Im still working on creative projects and looking forward to making new beads and creative dolls/figurines!
Kim <3

3 comments:

  1. Oooh creepy dolls. Now there is something I could see myself buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am completely in love with my new neph-pup. I felt kind of sad after you guys left. The energy in the house was suddenly a lull. I found a reminder that he was here this morning. He left his mark in my laundry room on a towel that was hanging off the edge of a chair. Amelia narked him out. lol.

    I'll get that signature made pretty soon, and I'll add it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see, this is why I can't let him out of my eyesight! Too many good smelling things in your house made it hard for him to resist.

      Delete