Friday, March 23, 2012

Creative De-stashing

Yesterday I got fed up with sifting through bags of beads that I know I'll never use. Aside from all the stuff I acquire from grab bags and such, I have some things in my stash that have been around since I was....maybe 8 or so. I don't know why I've been hanging on to zillions of plastic pony beads and jingle bells I wore on my shoelaces around the holidays in grade school. It was really time to destash.

I could have just taken a huge bag down to Goodwill or something, but I already had plans with a friend to walk our dogs, so I had this genius idea to grab some baggies and a staple gun.


I put our email address on the note. Let's all cross our fingers that we'll get to see what becomes of at least some of these beads.

My little miss Amelia says, "This is a good idea, mama!"


Lastly....random heart on the road!

4 comments:

  1. I have given away not only beads but also tons of other stuff around the house thru Freecycle.org. This way i know somebody who wants the stuff will get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea. I love freecycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a unique and interesting way to get peoples attention! I really like this idea!

    ReplyDelete