Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lockets are coming soon!

I got it in my head that I wanted to make lockets, so I did a little google hunt for lockets made of polymer clay and was surprised to find very few results. For the most part, people seem to like to take metal lockets and cover them in polymer clay, but it seems to me that the first step in making a locket shouldn't be, "go buy a locket". So, I went to work testing out some different hinging methods, shapes, etc. I've had pretty good luck with things actually working out how I imagined they would. This one is my favorite so far. It's about an inch long by half an inch wide, and it's partially inspired by antique mourning jewelry.



I may keep this one for myself, as it's still a little wonky in design, but I'd be very interested to hear if this is the sort of thing people would want for themselves. Suggestions for variations are always welcome.

♥J

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I just love this one! And I love all that you make! Your work rocks!

    ReplyDelete