Saturday, November 6, 2010

Journey through a box of treasures: part 1



When I was moved into my current residence, a box of miscellaneous art and crafting supplies somehow got tucked into the back of my closet and forgotten about....for 5 years. Upon discovering it I realized there's a ton of jewelry making possibilities in there. So, I'm going to do a little self-challenge to excavate my way through it and see how many creations can come from it, all the while documenting the adventure here.

So, here's the first batch of treasures from the box:



And here are my creations:


I used the burgundy glass beads and the mix of brownish beads, along with some handmade polymer clay beads leftover from an earlier necklace and some new elephant charms I had been dying to use to make this funky necklace. It's available at our shop here.


The black buttons I found made perfect bases for another batch of button stack rings (I've flooded the shop with them lately). The little heart charm on the pink ring is snagged off that paper doll bookmark.


I used the spiral stamp to texture the polymer clay beads on this bracelet and strung them along with some more beads from the brownish mix on the stretch cord I found. This is definitely my favorite creation out of the batch. It looks really cool on.

So, the current tally is:
1 bracelet
1 necklace
4 rings

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment